Important News for Customers!
- Dimo’s / Labtronics® is the only manufacturer of the Model 919® with over 55 years of production and service experience.
- All components of our Model 919® are manufactured at our Winnipeg Facility and will always be available.
- All new Model 919® testers built by Dimo’s Tool & Die continue to have the easy to read, time tested analogue meter movement with orange needle.
- Modifications have been made to ensure that UNAPPROVED alterations cannot be installed into our Model 919® moisture tester.
- Attempts by another company to alter our analogue meter movement will NOT improve accuracy. Such claims are FALSE and misleading.
- It is our opinion that such alterations were never properly evaluated for use in our Model 919®.
- Dimo’s/Labtronics® has absolutely NO AFFILIATION & does not supply parts to any companies attempting to install such alterations.
- Ensure your Model 919® is serviced by approved technicians using officially authorized components.
A word about Calibrations
- A professionally calibrated Model 919® is done so using a minimum of 3 dial drum reference points. Labtronics uses 6 dial drum ref. points during all calibrations.
- Comparison to a single ref. pt. (as with altered meter) does NOT ensure your 919™ tester is properly calibrated across the entire calibration range (from 0-100 on the dial drum).
- Comparison to a single dial drum ref. pt. (as with altered meter) is NOT enough and will lead to a FALSE sense of proper calibration.
WHEN you notice ANY of these problems with your altered Model 919® moisture meter please contact us:
- Numbers too jumpy & will not stabilize
- Cannot adjust unit to stay @ 00 or will not stay @ 00 (null point)
- Null point (00) changes when cell is touched or gently wiggled
- Null point (00) changes when switch is gently wiggled
- Null point (00) changes when dump tube placed on top of cell tube
- Results of altered meter not accurate at high OR low dial drum values.
- Results of altered meter not accurate at high OR low temperatures.
- Model 919® with alteration does not hold calibration very well.
- Meter Readout negatively affected by low temperatures.